Tips & Tricks: Where I Watch Dramas


OKAAYYYYY. I know all of you guys probably know where to watch dramas. It's easy to Google "'name of drama' eng sub" and just get a bunch of resources. I'm sure a ton of you guys already have your favourite places to watch dramas, but I just thought I would share mine so you guys can check it out! I'm constantly finding better drama sites so I thought this post might help. I usually look for websites with the best quality videos first but ultimately it doesn't matter to me whether the drama is HD or not.



I'm going to separate the sites by categories like the fastest uploads, fastest Chinese subtitles, fastest English subtitles, best quality, etc. And I will tell you my favourite at the end! :) Now these are just the websites I know. There might me more sites out there that have faster uploads or other stuff. If you know any, please share them with me :)

Fastest Raws

I rarely download or watch raws unless I'm really desperate for a certain drama, so I pretty much only know one place for fast raws. The twitter, @semi_fly always uploads raws super duper fast. If you follow them, you will get the fastest updates possible, but you must download them to watch them. They also have a blogspot for drama raws and a blogspot for variety show raws that are more organized than their twitter. The videos are first uploaded with regular quality and if you wait a little longer, the 720p version is usually uploaded. I think this is a great site for drama MV makers who need raws fast! The only problem might be that they don't post every single drama. It's usually just the popular current ones but I think they already post almost all of the dramas that are airing. Files are posted on Zippyshare and there is no Adfly. Also, the user tweets about her/his opinion on dramas once in a while and I find they pretty entertaining to read sometimes :)

Twitter
Drama Blogspot
Variety Show Blogspot

Fastest English Subtitles (Limited)

For this category, I would pick Viki! I'm sure all of you guys know what Viki is. They have super fast english subtitles, but the downside is that they only have a few popular dramas that they sub, so the choice is very limited. Also, they began to run ads recently and it's pretty annoying to have to watch six or seven ads per episode. In the beginning, fi you ran adblock, the video wouldn't load, but for some strange reason, adblock now works on Viki and I am still able to watch their videos adfree. Same with DramaFever! I am able to watch their dramas without ads when I use adblock. Basically what I did was disable adblock when I was on the page then I would enable it again and refresh and the video would start playing. And now, it works all the time so I don't even need to repeat the process. Overall, Viki has good quality videos and gets english subs up very fast but the biggest problem is that you might not even find your drama on the website. You win some, you lose some.

Fastest English Subtitles (Overall)

Nowadays, I actually don't watch airing dramas with english subtitles because they kind of take forever. Especially if a drama doesn't have a big fanbase, subbing one episode can take weeks. Viki is fast but what about the dramas that Viki doesn't have? To be honest, I don't have any clue of a site that is fast at uploading english subtitles. I think DramaFever is pretty fast but they don't have a lot of Japanese dramas. So I'm kinda sorry I can't help you guys with this one.

Fastest Chinese Subtitles (Japanese)

Whenever I watch a drama week-to-week, I usually watch it with Chinese subs just because I can. If you can understand Chinese, then you get a huge advantage because dramas come out almost 100x faster with Chinese subs than English subs. For Japanese shows, I use Bilibili TV. They also have a few Kdramas but I find they have way more Jdramas. It's a fan subbing community as well so its uploaded super fast. The raws come out first and are labelled as "raw meat" and then when the subs get finished they are labelled as "cooked meat." I find that very hilarious lol.

Fastest Chinese Subtitles (Korean)


My friend told me about this website called Natnat VIP and how it comes out with dramas really fast. I tried it out for a few days and it is completely true! They have a bunch of Kdramas that come out the fastest. They also have Jdramas but they are just a little bit slower than the Kdramas.

Biggest Masterlist (English Subtitles)
If you want a website that has almost every drama possible, Gooddrama would be your site. I know theres a ton of websites that are similar but I mainly use Gooddrama. They don't update fast but if you want to watch a drama that maybe finished a month ago, they will for sure have it. They even have dramas that have finished like 20 years ago lol. I love Gooddrama because sometimes I would find a drama I want to watch but it came out in the 90's and no one watches it anymore.

My Favourite 

This is my absolute favourite place to watch dramas. I like to watch Chinese subs because they are fast so now I will be sharing with you a Chinese application called TTKVOD. It's called 天天看 in Chinese and translates as Everyday Watch. This application seriously has EVERY DRAMA EVER. On top of all that, THEY UPDATE FAST AS WELL!! You can download the application here. Unfortunately, the application is only made for Windows so Mac users can't use it.

4 comments:

  1. Fastest engsubs uploads can be found on dramabay.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fastest engsubs uploads can be found on dramabay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think dramanoce or dramacool is the fastest. They upload the RAW usually an hour two after the current ep was aired. And the subs uploaded abt 5 hours later

    ReplyDelete