2014 Spring Season Dramalist



Heyooo, its rico! Just kidding, it's not rico (hannah montana, anyone?). Anyways, it's a new season for dramas and I'm super glad because there wasn't a lot of interesting ones last season. For starters, there were only Japanese doramas that were interesting enough to follow and absolutely NO Korean dramas that caught my eye.

I ended up watching "You Who Came From The Stars" because of all the hype but I totally regretted it. At about episode 12, the drama got too melo and I got tired of all the comedic scenes that attracted me in the beginning.

So, I'm super happy that there seems to be a lot of interesting dramas this season!! A few of them have already premiered and I've watched the first two or three episodes. I have to say that I'm super pleased so far! Anyways, enough rambling, here's my Spring 2014 list!

________


Japanese

________


Monday


Bitter Blood

Japanese Title: ビター・ブラッド

Start: April 15th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Sato Takeru, Watabe Atsuro, Takahashi Katsumi, Kutsuna Shiori, Fukikoshi Mitsuru, and more 

Synopsis:

A kindhearted and emotional rookie cop partners up with his eccentric playboy father and solves cases while being at loggerheads with him. 

Thoughts:

First off, I love love love detective dramas and I love Sato Takeru. Also, I really really love Watabe Atsuro. He's pretty old now, but I watched him in a drama from way back and he looked really good! So yeah, I'm basically sold by the fact that this is a detective drama with two of my fave actors.

________


Thursday


________



BORDER

Japanese Title: ボーダー

Start: April 10th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: TV ASAHI

Cast: Oguri Shun, Aoki Munetaka, Haru, Endo Kenichi, Furuta Arata, Takito Kenichi, Nomaguchi Toru, Hamano Kenta, and more 

Synopsis:

A skilled yet insensitive detective of the First Investigation Division gets shot in the head. However, he miraculously gets revived despite his injuries and having been at the border towards death, he now has the special ability of being able to talk with the deceased, but only until their cremation.

Thoughts:

The plot sounds super interesting and kind of reminds me of the drama, "Mr Brain" starring KimuTaku. That drama was really interesting, but it was so short and ended off without even explaining how the main character suddenly turned into a genius. Hopefully, this drama will do better with it's plot. Of course, I'm also watching this because I adore Oguri Shun. In fact, I've already watched the first episode and I'm really impressed. The opening episode was solid and more than I expected!

________


Friday


________



Shinigami-kun

Japanese Title: 死神くん

Start: April 17th / Time: 23:15 / Channel: TV ASAHI

Cast: Ohno Satoshi, Kiritani Mirei, Suda Masaki, Matsushige Yutaka, and more 

Synopsis:

A god of death usually only pronounces the death sentence to the person in line to die, persuades them not to commit suicide, and prevents unforeseen casualties that would disturb the order. The judgements of the new rookie god of death named #413 tend to lean towards humans and he actually urges them to keep on living depending on the situation, although it's their time to die, which is why his "boss" isn't too happy about his actions. 

Thoughts:

This drama drew me in solely because of it's plot. If you read manga, then you have to have read Death Note. Death Note is one of my all time favourite mangas and it made me really fascinated with gods of death and such. So the plot of this drama totally drew me in. But of course I wouldn't watch a drama unless I was familiar with the actors. I've watched a lot of Ohno Satoshi dramas and I really like him as an actor. AND I REALLY LOVE ARASHI <3 <3 

________


Saturday


________



Yowakute mo Katemasu

Japanese Title:
弱くても勝てます〜青志先生とへっぽこ高校球児の野望〜

Start: April 12th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: NTV

Cast: Ninomiya Kazunari, Aso Kumiko, Fukushi Sota, Arimura Kasumi, Nakajima Yuto, Ichikawa Ebizo, Yakushimaru Hiroko, and more 

Synopsis:

A Todai graduate, who has become a rookie teacher, starts working at a high-level school that sends many students to Todai every year. He is a composed character who can't leave things undone and eventually becomes the manager of the school's poor baseball club. With his extraordinary theory, he tries to gain a victory for the team and lead them to the finals at Koshien. 

Thoughts:

Watching this for Ninomiya Kazunari and Fukushi Sota. I also love Arimura Kasumi. I'm really unsure about the plot, but I'm going to at least watch the first few episodes to get a general feeling!

________



First Class

Japanese Title: ファースト・クラス

Start: April 19th / Time: 23:10 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Sawajiri Erika, Nakamaru Yuichi, Sasaki Nozomi, Nanao, Hirayama Hiroyuki, Miura Rieko, Itaya Yuka, and more 

Synopsis:

A young and ambitious woman from Tochigi goes to Tokyo in order to achieve her dream of working in the fashion industry. At first she starts working at a simple clothing material shop, but soon she ends up in the editorial department of the famous fashion magazine "First Class". However, reality isn't as beautiful as she has always imagined. 

Thoughts:

Sawajiri Erika is one of my favourite actresses. I know she's been in a lot of scandals for her bad attitude but I don't really care about those things lol. So yeah, I'm watching this because she always performs well in terms of acting and because the plot seems like a guilty pleasure to watch. 

________


Korean

________



Friday & Saturday


________



Gap Dong 

Korean Title: 갑동이

Start: April 11th / Time: 20:50 / Channel: TvN

Cast: Yoon Sang Hyun, Kim Min Jung, Sung Dong-Il, Lee Joon, Kim Ji Won, and more

Synopsis:

20 years ago Moo-Yeom’s (Yoon Sang-Hyun) father was a suspect in the "Gap Dong” serial murder case. Because of the detectives’ oppressive investigation, Moo-Yeom’s father killed himself. Now, Moo-Yeom is a detective and works to capture the killer Gap Dong. The statue of limitations has expired for the serial murder case and Moo-Yeom resigns to the belief that Gap Dong is dead. New clues though for Gap Dong appears in front of Moo-Yeom and he sets out to catch him once and for all.

Thoughts:

LEE JOON AND KIM JI WON!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, Lee Joon plays a psycho and Kim Ji Won plays a high schooler. I really have no hopes of them being together, but I STILL REALLY HOPE THEY GET TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE THE BEST LOOKING COUPLE IN THE WORLD. Also, I watched the first episode yesterday, and I gotta say that I'm loving the scary and suspenseful atmosphere of this drama. 

________



Saturday & Sunday

________



Hotel King

Korean Title: 호텔킹

Start: April 5th / Time: 21:45 / Channel: MBC

Cast: Lee Dong wook, Lee Da Hae, Im Seulong, Wang Ji Hye, Lee Deok Hwa, Kim Hae Sook, and more

Synopsis:

This drama portrays the story of a heiress, Ah Mo Ne (Lee Da Hae) who lives a sheltered life like a princess but a catastrophe pushes her to do all she can to protect her hotel. She and the general manager of the hotel, Cha Jae Wan (Lee Dong Wook) who appears cold on the outside but carries emotional baggage, fall in love. Cha Jae Wan and his mother were abandoned by his father. As an adult, he begins to work at a hotel and becomes an enemy to his father who abandoned him.

Thoughts:

LEE DONG WOOK AND LEE DA HAE. MY GIRL REUNION HOLLA. Everyone needs to watch this drama. I'm probably most excited about this drama in this whole entire list. Seriously, I already watched the first 3 episodes and I love it. Typically, I don't like to watch super long dramas, but I just love Makjang and this drama gives me so much of it. Birth secrets? Yes. Forbidden Love? Yes. Revenge? YES PLEASE OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment