Subete Ga F Ni Naru Impression & Thoughts (Ep 1-8)



I really wanted to write about this drama right after it started airing but I unfortunately had no time. I can't really do a first impressions anymore since it already aired 8 episodes but I still wanted to write something about it before the drama ends. I'm 100% sure I'm going to do a review since this is probably the only Jdorama I've followed extensively this season (I still have to catch up on the others). I just finished watching episode 8 and I have quite a lot of thoughts on it so here we go!

First off, I've noticed that a lot of the bloggers I read don't seem to enjoy this drama. I'm really not that big of a critic and I pretty much like everything lol. From a critical perspective, I can tell when a drama is reaaaallly good or when a drama is reaaaallly bad but most of the time I just depend on how I feel about it personally. So you'll see me write a lot of good things about dramas that my bias is in (like this drama lol) and sometimes rag on people who I don't like. I am extreeeeeemely biased! I don't even try to think things objectively because I just fail miserably. Hopefully you won't find me too shameless due to the fact that I'll like anything my bias is in (¬‿¬)♥

Subete Ga F Ni Naru meaning Everything Becomes F (English title is The Perfect Insider) is about a university associate professor and his wealthy student solving unusual locked room murder cases. Ayano Gou plays Saikawa Kohei, the young professor, and Takei Emi plays Nishinosono Moe, a wealthy student. They've known each other since Nishinosono was a kid and it's been made obvious since the beginning that she has the HUGEST crush on Saikawa. I wasn't really sure about the romance in the first few episodes despite the drama poster being such a big tease. Nishinosono's feelings have always been made transparent but I was skeptical about Saikawa's feelings until the end of episode two. I can confidently say that Saikawa feels the same way about Nishinosono but there is something holding him back and it's a bit of a mystery. The romance is currently on the back burner but there have been a few cute scenes so I'm feeling pretty satisfied so far.

Magata Shiki
In the first scene of the drama, we are introduced to Magata Shiki (played by Hayami Akari), a genius computer scientist who killed her parents when she was 14 (not too sure about the age on that). I thought the murder of her parents would be the main background mystery but I was wrong. Magata Shiki's case about her parents ended at the end of episode 6, but there is still some mystery surrounding her and her relation to Saikawa and Nishinosono. It's like shes some sort of all-knowing being that knows everything about them. There's also been one hint about Saikawa's involvement with the death of Nishinosono's parents (which was a supposed accident) but I'm not too sure about that since I might've interpreted it wrong. It's rare when I can't even figure out the main mystery of a detective drama when it's already aired 8 episodes lol, so I'm kind of feeling a bit curious and unsatisfied.

The cases are pretty standard. They're locked room murders but they are really really bizarre. The synopsis says they're unusual and that's an understatement. Episode 7/8's mystery is definitely the strangest so far. It's so strange to the point that I'm starting to feel like the cases are getting ridiculous. So I'm pretty much just watching this drama for the interaction between Saikawa and Nishinosono and for the main mystery to unravel. Overall, this drama doesn't have the strongest storyline but I find it enjoyable to watch nonetheless.

Takei Emi and Ayano Gou are doing a really good job portraying their characters and they look really good as well! I'm so glad Emi is finally sporting a haircut that I like. Her bangs were a little weird in the beginning but they look so good now! I'm normally not a huge fan of gruff but Ayano Gou pulls it off pretty well. I might actually like him better with a moustache ;)


As for the acting, there's a lot of criticism about Takei Emi in that she always plays the same roles but I honestly don't understand? I don't get whats so wrong with playing the same characters? I agree that it'd be nice for her to change it up once in a while but I don't see it as a negative thing to play the same type of roles. I actually really like her in these types of roles so I guess I'm lucky lol.

Anyhow, this drama is pretty solid for me overall and I'm quite excited to see how the central mystery unravels. I'm also dying for some more romance between Saikawa and Nishinosono because they just look so cute together! TEEHEE HAVE SOME CUTENESS BELOW o(〃^▽^〃)o



Watch Subete Ga F Ni Naru with English subs at Dramafever! I'm so glad they're subbing this show because then I can watch it in English instead of Chinese :D

No comments:

Post a Comment