2013 Fall Season Dramalist



Hey guys! This is kind of a new type of post where I'll just be listing the upcoming dramas that are on my watchlist. I will be giving you guys a synopsis and a promo vid if there is one. I'm doing this just to show you guys what I am going to watch and maybe help you to add a few videos to your watchlist as well. I will also be writing about why I have decided to watch it :D Hope you enjoy!


*I'm actually not going to follow any Korean dramas this season because none of them really interest me. I know all y'all are crazy excited about Heirs but the premise doesn't swing it for me. I will of course check out maybe the first episode. Also I was thinking about Mirae's Choice but I wasn't sure about it. So at the meantime, these are all Jdoramas :D



________


Monday

________



Umi no Ue no Shinryojo

Japanese Title: 海の上の診療所


English Title: Clinic On The Sea


Start: October 14th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Matsuda Shota, Takei Emi, Fujiwara Norika, Fukushi Sota, and more


Synopsis:

A human drama about a doctor who starts working on a medical boat that plies between the many small islands that don't have a local doctor and hospital in the Seto Inland Sea. It focuses on the interaction between the protagonist and the various islanders with their diverse medical and other problems. The protagonist is a doctor with top-class skills who starts working on a medical ship. However, he doesn't take this job too serious and loves to hit on all the women on the islands. He often visit them under the pretense of a medical examination, although he is only there for personal reasons and to help them with their (medical) problems. His behavior is quite irritating for the nurse (Takei) who dislikes everything that can't be explained by logic.


Thoughts:

You guys probably know the reason why I am going to be watching this. FIRST, it stars Takei Emi who is like my number one one bias of allllll time. And she's paired up with MATSUDA SHOTA WHO I LOVE SO SO SO MUCH! Yeah, those two as a pairing basically sold the whole drama for me so I am so on board with this "ship." HA

________


Tuesday


________




Yorozu Uranai Dokoro ~ Onmyoya e Yokoso


Japanese Title: よろず占い処 陰陽屋へようこそ


English Title: The Fortune Telling Shop, Onmyoya


Start: October 8th / Time: 22:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Nishikido Ryo, Kurashina Kana, Chinen Yuri, Kashiwagi Yuki, and more

Synopsis:

The protagonist (Nishikido) used to be a number-one host and therefore knows very well how to converse with others, especially women. He begins working as a fortune teller and makes use of his skills to get to the bottom and to find the solution of his customers' problems. One day a problem student (Chinen) and his mother visit him and while the mother immediately believes that he's the real deal, the son gets angry at his vague statements and throws a tantrum at his shop. In order to make up for the damage, he now has to work for him as a part-timer.

Thoughts:


Okay so I'm watching this for Nishikido Ryo and Chinen Yuri. Y'all know I love Nishiki to death and Kanjani8 is just UNF for me. ANNNND I totally fell in love with Chinen Yuri in Sprout!! So Yeah I'm for sure watching this and I kinda love dramas about solving problems/mysteries etc.


________


Wednesday

________



Aibou Season 12

Japanese Title: 相棒 12季

English Title: Partners: Season 12


Start: October 16th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: TV ASAHI


Cast: Mizutani Yutaka, Narimiya Hiroki, Suzuki Anju, Matobu Sei, Kawahara Kazuhisa, Otani Ryosuke, and more


Synopsis:

The second season with Narimiya Hiroki by the side of Mizutani Yutaka and the 12th season in total, the popular 'Aibou' series is about to offer long-time fans and new viewers exciting new cases every Wednesday this fall. We are going to find out more about the young detective while the two of them deepen their relationship with each case. Both actors had plenty of time to study each other in the first season. A third feature-length film in the main 'Aibou' series is also already slated for next year's Golden Week.


Thoughts:

I lurve Narimiya Hiroki. Ever since seeing him as the bad boy "J" in Bloody Monday, I thought he was seriously like the hottest thing EVARRRR. I'm still sad that he hasn't played a lot of leading roles but I'm glad to see him in this drama. I know he already starred in Aibou last season but I haven't watched that yet. I'm thinking of actually watching this one first but who knows. 



________



Legal High 2

Japanese Title: リーガルハイ

Start: October 9th / Time: 22:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Sakai Masato, Aragaki Yui, Okada Masaki, Koyuki, Taguchi Junnosuke, Satomi Kotaro, and more


Synopsis:

This time the unbeaten eccentric lawyer (Sakai Masato) and his uptight assistant/debtor (Aragaki Yui) find themselves facing against a former elite public prosecutor (Okada Masaki) inside the courtroom. Unlike the protagonist, he isn't all about winning and rather aims for a mutual agreement of both parties.


Thoughts:

I've always been neutral about Aragaki Yui, but after watching Zenkai Girl, I kind of started to love her. So naturally I searched up every drama she's been in. I came upon Legal High but I didn't watch it. I don't know why I didn't watch it. Anyways, I heard there was a season 2 coming out and I was bored one day so I just decided to watch the first season. ANYWAYS, long story short, I loved the first season and now I'm back for seconds. 

Ps. Don't you love the poster with the character switcheroo? <3

________


Thursday


________



Dokushin Kizoku

Japanese Title: 独身貴族

English Title: A Swinging Single


Start: October 10th / Time: 22:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, Kitagawa Keiko, Ito Hideaki, Fujigaya Taisuke, Renbutsu Misako, Nishihara Aki, and more


Synopsis:

The heroine (Kitagawa Keiko) is a woman who dreams of becoming a successful movie scriptwriter. She was already proposed to by various men, but she simply can't agree with the view of marriage of most men. She soon realizes that reality is harsh and that she has to give up of her dream. When she is about to return back to her hometown, she happens to meet the president of a movie company and movie producer (Kusanagi) who prefers to do all things in his own pace, and his younger brother (Ito Hideaki) who also works at the movie company and is stuck in the middle of a divorce.


Thoughts: 

I wasn't planning on adding this to my watchlist but it sort of caught my eye. I know SMAP and of course Kimura Takuya but I wasn't super familiar with the other members. Despite that, I did know their faces and I knew Kusanagi Tsuyoshi. So the funny story is, I was eating katsu kare at a restaurant the other day and this Japanese cooking show was playing on the TV there. I saw Kusanagi and somehow he looked so hot on screen. Maybe it was because I was being brainwashed by the katsu kare but Kusanagi looked so fine. So yeah, after that, I was like "I hafta watch this drama when it comes out." 



________


Friday


________



Toshi Densetsu no Onna 2

Japanese Title: 都市伝説の女

English Title: I Love Tokyo Legend - Kawaii Detective 2


Start: October 11th / Time: 23:15 / Channel: TV ASAHI

Cast: Nagasawa Masami, Mizobata Junpei, Takenaka Naoto, Hirayama Hiroyuki, Okubo Kayoko, Ibu Masato, and more


Synopsis:

Nagasawa Masami returns as a female detective who uses her wide knowledge of urban legends to solve various unsettled crimes. This time the protagonist of this mystery-comedy drama comes back from the US where she worked for the FBI and joins the newly created division in the Metropolitan Police Department called "Unscientific incident investigation unit ('UIU' for short)". Many of her former colleagues are also part of this new division. One new face is a female forensic scientist played by Okubo Kayoko.


Thoughts:

WATCHING BECAUSE OF MIZOBATA JUNPEI. DIDN'T WATCH FIRST SEASON. DON'T PLAN ON WATCHING FIRST SEASON. FANS PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. NAGASAWA MASAMI IS KINDA CUTISH TOO.

________


Saturday


________



Tokyo Bandwagon ~ Shitamachi Daikazoku Monogatari

Japanese Title: 東京バンドワゴン〜下町大家族物語

Start: October 12th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: NTV

Cast: Kamenashi Kazuya, Tabe Mikako, Mimura, Kaneko Nobuaki, Taira Airi, Kaga Mariko, Hiraizumi Sei, Inohara Yoshihiko, Tamaki Koji, and more


Synopsis:

It's set in Shitamachi, Tokyo and portrays a big family that owns a long-established secondhand bookstore named "Tokyo Bandwagon". The protagonist (Kamenashi), a travel tour guide and his family solve various problems and incidents that happen around them. Kamenashi is backed up by a very strong cast that is going to bring this unique family to life.


Thoughts: 

Kamenashiiiii!!!! I haven't watched a drama from him in FOREVER! I'm also excited to see him next to Tabe Mikako :D Plus, the plot sounds really fun and I love family dramas.

________


Sunday


________



Ando Roid ~A.I. knows LOVE?~

Japanese Title: 安堂ロイド~A.I.knows LOVE?~

Start: October 13th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: TBS

Cast: Kimura Takuya, Shibasaki Kou, Oshima Yuko, Kiritani Kenta, Honda Tsubasa, Yamaguchi Sayaka, and more

Synopsis:


The physicist finds out that someone is trying to kill him and his fiancée because of theory he recently constructed. However, he isn't able to avoid his death and loses his life in a mysterious explosion on a plane one day in 2013. His fiancée is still alive and grieving over his sudden death, but she doesn't know that he was murdered and that the killer is still out there and aiming for her next. All of a sudden an android appears from out of her desk's drawer and materializes to look exactly like her fiancé. Apparently he was sent from the future to protect her from the killer.


Thoughts:

OTP OTP OTP I loved Good Luck!! Shibasaki Kou and Kimura Takuya are two of my top biases. Obviously I'm going to be watching this. I know the plot sounds kinda weak and shaky but their chemistry will for sure save it!



No comments:

Post a Comment