2015 Anticipated Summer Jdoramas



Hey hey hey! I know its been a long long time since I've done a dramalist but its honestly because I've only been keeping up with one or two Jdoramas per season. I have a whole pile of dramas that are waiting to be watched so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed but I will definitely get through them. This season, I'm jumping back on the Jdorama train and there are a bunch of dramas I'm excited to watch, some of which have already aired!

________


Mondays

________




Koinaka

Start: July 20th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Fukushi Sota, Tsubasa Honda, Nomura Shuhei, Shinkawa Yua, and more

Synopsis:

Miura Aoi (Fukushi Sota) has an indecisive personality and dislikes summer. One summer day, he meets his childhood friend and first love Serizawa Akari (Tsubasa Honda) who disappeared suddenly in their 3rd year of high school. Aoi's feelings for Akari begin to resurface again but there is now another man beside Akari who is also named Aoi.

Thoughts: 

I honestly don't have any interest in the plot of this drama because I still don't fully understand it. But I always like to watch everything that Tsubasa Honda is in because I absolutely adore her. A drama with her and Fukushi Sota, another one of my favourite actors, is a must watch for me. I am a little concerned about the acting since they are both known to be a little weak in that apartment, but I'm confident that they will work up their charms and chemistry!

________


Thursdays

________




Tantei no Tantei

Start: July 9th / Time: 22:00 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Kitagawa Keiko, Kawaguchi Haruna, Miura Takahiro, Dean Fujioka, Ito Masayuki, Rokkaku Shinji, and more

Synopsis:

Sasaki Rena (Kitagawa Keiko) is a woman with great memory and intelligence. Rena works as an investigator who specializes in corruption among other detectives. Her reason for doing so is because her sister was murdered by a stalker after being given information from an unknown detective on her sister's whereabouts.

Thoughts: 

Dramas about corruption gets me excited and makes me depressed at the same time. Although its fun to watch, I'm always saddened by the fact that in real life, corruption is almost inevitable. Anyhow, I love Kitagawa Keiko even though I haven't been impressed with her dramas as of late. I love Kawaguchi Haruna even more so I'm pretty pumped up for this. I'm expecting plenty of on the edge moments and a big plot twist towards the end! Twists are predictable for these types of dramas, but it is still so stimulating to watch everything unravel!

________




Age Harassement

Start: July 9th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: TV ASAHI

Cast: Takei Emi, Inamori Izumi, Seto Koji, Kaname Jun, Okura Koji, Naito Risa, Hara Mikie, Sugimoto Tetta, Fukikoshi Mitsuru, Asano Kazuyuki, Aso Yumi, Takenaka Naoto, Kazama Morio, Koizumi Kotaro

Synopsis:

Yoshii Emiri is a new employee of a top trading company. In addition to her motivation, skills and ambition, she possesses both youth and beauty. This would appear to be her passport to happiness. But because she is assigned to the General Affairs Department, the old guard which only pays lip service to “female employment”, everything she possesses becomes a target of harassment. The company only requires Emiri's youth and beauty. Her dream of doing a good job and eventually becoming an executive officer is quickly crushed. On the other hand, Emiri just has to flash a smile and the male staff would fuss over her even though she did not ask for anything. She becomes the target of jealousy of the older female staff. Emiri is given a hard time simply because of her youth and beauty. Although she endures this every day, she soon reaches the limit of her patience. When Emiri rebels against the old-fashioned company, what awaits her is... -- Jdrama Weblog

Thoughts: 

Duh, I'm obviously watching this for Takei Emi, my ultimate female bias. Apart from that, I went in the first episode expecting nothing, knowing nothing, and coming out floored at how much I already love this drama. I'm not sure about how things will go since I've only just watched the first episode but this is a role from Emi in a long time that I'm excited for. After playing stupid/not-so-stupid characters and deadpan characters, we finally have strong female character! YES! I'm pretty pumped up about this drama so expect a first impressions post soon around episode 3!

________


Saturdays

________




Dokonjo Gaeru (Gusty Frog)

Start: July 11th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: NTV

Cast: Matsuyama Kenichi, Mitsushima Hikari, Maeda Atsuko Katsuji Ryo, Mitsuishi Ken, Denden, and more

Synopsis: 

When Hiroshi (Matsuyama Kenichi) was just a middle schooler, he tripped and fell on a top of a frog that was flattened and stuck on his shirt. The frog, named Pyonkichi, began to speak and that was the start of Hiroshi and Pyonkichi's strange relationship. Now that Hiroshi is a grown man and still a loser, he decides to redo his life. 

Thoughts: 

Anything with Matsuyama Kenichi is a must watch! Especially when he is playing a klutz! I'm not super sure about the storyline but I'm expecting a fun and lighthearted drama with a magical twist. I'm also pretty stoked about Maeda Atsuko because I adore her.

________


Sundays

________




Death Note

Start: July 5th / Time: 22:30 / Channel: NTV

Cast: Kubota Masataka, Yamazaki Kento, Yuki Mio, Sano Hinako, Fujiwara Reiko, Matsushige Yutaka, Sato Jiro, and more

Synopsis: 

Yagami Light, (Kubota Masataka), is an ordinary university student. One day, he receives a death note which changes his life. He becomes murderer Kira and punishes criminals through the death note. L, (Yamazaki Kento), is a private detective who defines Kira as evil and decides to catch Kira. 

Thoughts: 

I haven't watched the first episode yet and with all the reviews I've been reading, I have to be honest and say I am super skeptical and a little scared. I did really enjoy the movies, but I don't love it enough to swear off anything that is different. The only thing I think I would be constantly comparing to is Matsuyama Kenichi's performance as L. Kenichi brought L to life perfectly and that is the very role that made me fall in love with him. I like Yamazaki Kento and I do believe that he has the acting ability to portray L, but sometimes its not always about acting ability. If the characters have really changed like I've read from various bloggers, then I would say I'm disappointed that they decided to use the name Death Note. All of these feelings are conflicting with my intense love for Kubota Masataka. If you didn't know, I fell head over heels for Kubota in N no Tame Ni. I'm not so ready for him to play a character that's very dislikable. Light is admirable to some extent but I would never like him as a character. OH MY FEELINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment