Full Trailer Released for Live Action Movie 'Clover'



This movie almost slipped under my radar and I didn't even know it was being filmed since there was no news of the casting when it was decided. I think I found out a few months ago and was so taken aback since Takei Emi is my bias and I just could not believe that I didn't even know about this movie she was filming. On top of all that, its another one of my favourite shoujo manga adaptations! There are just so many of those coming out and I'm completely thrilled. Movie-wise, I've always preferred Takei doing these lighthearted roles (except for Rurouni Kenshin where she plays the the spunky Kaoru). She always has so much chemistry with whoever she is cast with and that's probably the most important thing for a romance movie.



The movie, Clover, is an adaptation of Toriko Chiya’s manga which tells the story of an OL who cannot forget about her first love. At the same time, she is constantly getting reprimanded by her supervisor, Tsuge Susumu. She isn't interested in having any romantic relationships but Tsuge confesses his love to Saya out of the blue one day and that's when every changes. Cue fantasy music and sprinkles of glitter. I checked out the manga and the art is really not my style. It is pretty old seeing that it was released in 1997. Okura Tadayoshi of Kanjani8 plays the accomplished supervisor and will be romancing Takei Emi once again. Since I haven't read the manga, I can't draw any comparisons but Okura is definitely a very handsome representative of his fellow manga character.

The only work I've seen from Okura is Otenki Oneesan which was coincidentally also with Takei Emi (LOL). Fortunately, their relationship is completely different this time in a good way. I pray that there won't be a surprise ending like in Otenki Oneesan. That one seriously shocked me to no ends. Never have I imagined that a drama would pull a twist like that. It pretty much shocked me for a month. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see Okura play an uptight supervisor. He's my niban in Kanjani8 next to Nishiki so I'm thrilled I get to see him shirtless as evident in the teaser lol. The hairdrying scene seriously surprised me because I don't think I've seen him do such a mature scene before. Same goes for Takei Emi of course.

I think that Emi is slowly but steadily heading towards the more mature roles seeing the number of mature scenes in the trailer. Well, mature for a shoujo manga that is. She's still young and can totally pull off student roles but I'm excited to see her playing an OL. Secretly I still hope she does another student life movie sometime in the future because deep down I'm totally obsessed with those.

Clover comes out on November 1st in theatres! It'll take a long time before I'm able to see it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment