2014 Anticipated Summer Jdramas



A new Jdrama season has arrived! It's always both exciting and sad at the same time when a drama season comes to an end. Last season, I saw the most impressive Jdrama in a while in the form of BORDER. That drama seriously amazed me. Along with that, there were other entertaining ones like Shinigami-Kun and Bitter Blood. First Class was a big guilty pleasure for me as well. Although this upcoming season will probably not be as good as the last, I'm still really excited for a few of them because they include my biases. 

________


Thursdays

________



Zero no Shinjitsu ~ Kansatsui Matsumoto Mao

Start: July 17th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: TV ASAHI

Cast: Takei Emi, Sasaki Kuranosuke, Wada Masato, Denden, Rokkaku Seiji, Omi Toshinori, and more

Synopsis:

New medical examiner Matsumoto Mao (Takei Emi) has joined the Chuo Medical Examiner’s Office. A beautiful, talented doctor without any relatives, she is proud of her IQ which exceeds 150. She went to America at the age of 10, skipped three grades and studied forensic medicine. An oddball whose only interests are the autopsies and dissections of dead bodies, she also has no friends. As she faces numerous dead bodies each day, she is challenged to find out the cause of death of the mother who abandoned her.

Thoughts: 

Of course I have to watch this since Takei Emi is in it. I could never be a doctor myself, but I somehow love the examination of dead bodies. I find autopsy quite interesting! I'm going to be honest and say that this drama seems a little bit boring but eh, I'll stick with it for Emi-chan.

________


Saturdays

________



Suikyuu Yankees

English Title: Water Polo Yankees 

Japanese Title: 水球ヤンキース

Start: July 12th / Time: 23:10 / Channel: FUJI TV

Cast: Nakajima Yuto, Yamazaki Kento, Takaki Yuya, Ohara Sakurako, Chiba Yudai, Yoshizawa Ryo, and more

Synopsis:

Inaba Naoya (Nakajima Yuto), who grew up abroad, admires Yankees because of the amount of comic books he read. One day, he finally arrives in Japan to attend high school for one year. He chooses a run-down school which is full of delinquent (yankee-like) students. Soon he realizes that they were all just problematic youths, nothing more. He then decides to rebuild water polo club, the sport he likes, so that they will finally have a purpose to focused on.

Thoughts: 

The amount of eye candy in this drama is just unbelievable. Nakajima Yuto+Yamazaki Kento+Yoshizawa Yro+CHIBA YUDAI = <3 <3 <3 So yes, I'm watching this for the beautiful actors while hoping that the storyline will turn out great. Also, I'm pretty interested in sports dramas after having read the amazing life-changing manga known as Slam Dunk. PLUS THEY'RE IN A WATER POLO CLUB. THEY MIGHT AS WELL JUST MAKE A LIVE ACTION VERSION OF FREE! IWATOBI SWIM CLUB. Prepare for a lot of nosebleeds and shirtless men. 

________



Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo N (neo)

Start: July 19th / Time: 21:00 / Channel: NTV

Cast: Yamada Ryosuke, Kawaguchi Haruna, Arioka Daiki, Yamaguchi Tomomitsu, and more

Synopsis: 

Hajime (Ryosuke Yamada), Miyuki (Haruna Kawaguchi) and Ryuji (Arioka Daiki) and other members of the school’s mystery research group become involved in difficult cases and must infer who the culprits are

Thoughts: 

I've watched all of the Kindaichi SPs and I actually quite like Yamada Ryosuke playing Kindaichi. He's probably my most preferred Kindaichi even though he's not even on my favourites list. I always love a good mystery so I'm definitely checking this out! 

________



ST ~ Aka to Shiro no Sousa File

Start: July 16th / Time: 22:00 / Channel: NTV

Cast: Fujiwara Tatsuya, Okada Masaki, Shida Mirai, Ashina Sei, Kubota Masataka, Miyake Hiroki, Shibamoto Yuki, and more

Synopsis: 

Akagi Samon (Fujiwara Tatsuya) and Yurine Tomohisa (Okada Masaki) of the Scientific Task Force, or ST for short, solve difficult crimes together.

Thoughts: 

I haven't been a huge fan of Fujiwara Tatsuya but I do think his acting is pretty good. I absolutely love Okada Masaki and Shida Mirai! This is a typical Japanese detective drama, but I'm hoping that the cases are interesting enough to keep me hooked. 

________


Sundays

________



Henshin

Start: July 27th / Time: 22:00 / Channel: WOWOW

Cast: Kamiki Ryunosuke, Nikaido Fumi, Usuda Asami, Watabe Gota, Totsugi Shigeyuki, Makita Sports, Nakao Akiyoshi, Tonesaku Toshihide, Honda Tsubasa 

Synopsis: 

Junichi Naruse (Ryunosuke Kamiki) hopes to one day become a painter, but he works currently on a factory line. His girlfriend is Megumi (Fumi Nikaido) and his days are generally happy. On Christmas Eve, Junichi stops by a jewelry story to buy an engagement ring. He then becomes a part of a robbery at the jewelry and he suffers a head injury. Junichi then becomes the first successful brain transplant patient in the world. Junichi is unaware that he received a brain transplant. When he is discharged from the hospital, Junichi’s hearing becomes sensitive and he also becomes violent. He does not hold the same feelings for Megumi. Junichi realizes he is changing and becomes seized with horror. Meanwhile, Megumi hopes Junich becomes his old self. She also seeks to unlock the hidden mystery of Junichi’s operation.

Thoughts: 

I've suddenly got this new found love for Kamiki Ryunosuke so I've decided to watch this. Typically, this isn't the type of drama to attract me but the dark plot seems kind of appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment