Doctor Stranger Keeps Faltering (Ep 1-17)



It's the pre-finale week for Doctor Stranger this week with episode 17 airing today. I've already watched it and have a lot of things to say about it. But firstly, I'm going to make it clear that I am a Quack shipper. However, I am not delusional. Soo Hyun is my favourite character and I really just want her to be happy in the end. I don't give a damn about who she ends up with as long as everything is resolved. But with the stupidity that Doctor Stranger is giving me, I can pretty much say that I've already dropped this drama mentally, its just my OCD acting up that I have to watch it until the end because I've already come so far.


Skipping is never ever required for me when I like a drama wholeheartedly. I usually watch an episode and then read the recap because I like to see what other people think of it. I read a lot of recaps and I can pretty much say that every blogger's recaps/posts on Doctor Stranger reflect how frustrating they feel about it. I'm totally on board with them except the fact that I've just been skipping like 80% of the whole drama and just reading their recaps for the rest. Whenever I tell people I've only been reading the recaps they usually get mad and me for not watching the whole drama. Personally, I think its fine to be spoiled and read about an episode before deciding whether or not it's worth wasting my time for.


I'm heavily biased towards Soo Hyun so I usually only watch her scenes, but lately even her scenes have been frustrating for me. The writers need to make it very very clear who the ending pairing will be. The thing is, you can be 90% sure that Park Hoon and Jae Hee will end up together but they are not making it clear enough. If you've already decided on a pairing, then stick with it. Stop putting in random Soo Hyun/Park Hoon scenes that just raises hopes for fans. I've already lost hope and am fine with it. In fact, I don't care who any of the characters end up with now because they are all sorts of messed up. I really do hope Soo Hyun womans up soon because she is making it harder to love her with all this romance drama. I do still love her, though.

Also, the thing I hate the MOST in dramas is the noble idiot. I honestly can name almost every drama cliche there is out there and I'm really fine with most of them no matter how overused they are. But the noble idiot cliche is just one that is so hard for me to accept. Why is Jae Hee sacrificing herself for everyone else? No one asked her to do it. I wish she'd just stop putting facts into her head about who Hoon loves and who he's really happy with. Because obviously the smartest thing is to NOT ask the person about their true feelings and just assume what their feelings are. I get that this is a drama and these types of developments are needed, but really? I'm just really frustrated so sorry with all the negativity. I just hate seeing a drama with such a solid beginning begin to falter in its end stages. As for the writers, they need to (1) make clear who the ending pairing is because I honestly HATE not being sure (excuse me for my OCD) and (2) please stop with the stupid surgery contest and stupid misunderstandings.


Despite all my frustrations, I must admit that I can still manage a smile during certain scenes and that's only when Soo Hyun and Park Hoon are interacting. I'm not sure why, but I just can't help but replay their scenes. While some people would roll their eyes at their interactions, I can't help but smile. I guess its kind of similar to how Park Hoon just can't help but tease Soo Hyun. I'm positive that he only has friendly feelings towards her but I just hate the writers for putting these scenes out. Despite that fact that I absolutely love their scenes together, they really shouldn't be focusing on a couple that won't end up together when there are so many loose ends needing to be tied up. The fact that Soo Hyun/Park Hoon are getting so much screen time in the last 2 important weeks will obviously trick delusional fans into uncertainty. Even though I'm 99.9% certain my ship has sunk, I still hate the writers for taking away my 0.1% of certainty. So please, writers of DS, I'm begging you to get your ideas straight. Fiddling around was okay for the past few weeks, but it's the second last week now. Get your ideas straight now, okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment