Favourite OST's of 2013



I've been meaning to do a post on OST's for a while. But I've just been too lazy because I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Do you sometimes just put off something that you know is really really simple? When laziness takes you over, there is nothing you can do about it. It's like when you're in the perfect sleeping position, but you realize that you've forgotten to turn off your lights or that you haven't taken out your contacts yet. I'm going way off topic here, but anyways, I have overcome my laziness, and am now making a post about my favourite OSTs of 2013. It was very very hard to narrow it down because I definitely had like 20+ songs.

The combination of a good drama with good music is just heaven. Music really enhances every scene its added to. When its used correctly, it can really convey a whole slew of feelings to the audience. Most of my favourite songs are OSTs and that's mainly because I get emotionally attached to them. The be able to get a viewer emotionally attached to a drama is not an easy feat, but it is the best way to pull them in deeper. When I hear an old drama OST, I would immediately think of the drama it came from and it would literally just tug on my heartstrings. One of the main reasons why I'm triggered to rewatch a drama is because I happened to listen to its OST again. And when I rewatch dramas, they gradually become my favourites.

So in this post, I have OSTs from Kdramas, Jdramas, and Tdramas. There are some drama OSTs that I've come to like but I haven't watched the drama. I'll be excluding those as well just to shorten my list. You guys have no idea how hard it was to get this list to 12 songs because there are just so many good OST I want to show you.

PS. there is no order to these songs in terms of how much I like them. If I had to order them I think I would go crazy with my indecisiveness.

PS 2. If you want to download any of the songs, just right click the music player and click "Save audio as..." :D


Korean Dramas

1.  The One - "Winter Love" from That Winter, The Wind Blows



This song literally gives my chills down my spine whenever it came on in the drama. The One's rich and deep voice along with the great amount of emotion he put into this song is what makes it top notch.



2. Taeyeon - "And One" from That Winter, The Wind Blows



This is my other favourite from this drama. Taeyeon's voice is so soothing and that makes her perfect to sing for OSTs. I'm always uber excited whenever I see the news that she has a new OST.




3. Ailee - "Tears Stole The Heart" from Secret Love



Sigh. Do I really need to say anything about Ailee's voice? It's just perfect. I love it when she uses falsetto in the beginning choruses and then go all out at the end to give us the best climax ever. Towards the end of Secret Love, this song was used prominently and just brought out all these feels.



4. Kim Bo Kyung - "I Want To Go Back" from Secret Love



Oh my gosh this song makes me want to cry every time I hear it. I'm not sure what it is but hearing the chorus just pulls my tears out. Secret Love was one hell of a melo drama but it was done nicely with this song as a backdrop to the tearfest of our leading lady.



5. Yoon Mi Rae - "Touch Love" from Master's Sun



Oh Master's Sun. This song was the song that made me cry the most because it always reminded me of that stabbing scene. That episode made me cry the pacific ocean. I actually never knew that Yoon Mi Rae sang before, but through this song, I can see that she is one multi talented lady.



6. Lee Jung - "Wish It Was You" from Flower Boy Next Door



Don't take this the wrong way, but Lee Jung's voice really doesn't match his face. When I watched him on Vampire's Idol, I never bothered to search up his name. I was so surprised that he was actually a singer! Anyhow, his voice is beautiful.



Japanese Dramas


7. Leo Ieri - "Taiyou No Megami" from Umi No Ue No Shinryoujo



I fell in love with this song as soon I heard it in the first teaser for this drama. The chorus just rocks my socks and I love the piano in the beginning!




8. KOH+ - "The Magic Of Love" from Galileo 2



When I watched Galileo, I didn't really feel an intense liking for it. But now, after watching two seasons, I miss it intensely! KOH+ is a unit formed by Fukuyama Masaharu and Shibasaki Kou, the two main leads of season 1 of Galileo. Shibasaki's voice isn't super strong but its nice to listen to.


9. SPYAIR - "Niji" from Sennyu Tantei Tokage



I love hearing this song whenever the ending of an episode comes. The lead singer's voice has a really nice kick to it when he sings long notes. The actual Japanese title of the song is 虹. I really don't know what that means but it might help if you're searching for it.



10. Tohoshinki - "Answer" from Hard Nuts!



Tohoshinki aka TVXQ sang this awesome socks song for one of my favourite dramas of 2013. Unfortunately, I had to wait a lifetime because the song just came out in the beginning of June this year. Still, the song rocks and has a really great beat.



Taiwanese Dramas



11. Alex To & Freya Lim - "Because of You" from Just You



This song has a really smooth feel to it and just makes you smile. It's like their voices are coated with honey.





12. Freya Lim - "Obviously Love You" from In A Good Way



AHHHH THIS SONG IS DA BEST. The chorus kicks ass and Freya Lin's voice is just perfect for this song. I tried to sing this in Karaoke with my friends and the song is so high I almost lost my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment